Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Vocation

Hi,
I am in Rome for the next three months at the Institute for Continuing Theological Education. This is a program developed for priests to be renewed and to update their theology. There are a total of 34 priests attending from the US, Canada, Australia and the Solomon Islands. My room has a balcony which overlooks a quiet street and St. Peter's Church at the Vatican. I have attached a picture of the view. In between sessions and classes, I can sit here and ponder life.
My thoughts today have to do with vocation. I sometimes think that this vocation to the priesthood is my vocation. Really it is God's vocation. I am just called to follow him and to do his will. God is the one in charge, not me. Over the years as a priest I have become more aware of God's work and his call. I often feel like I am called to follow him more deeply.
Peace and health to all of you,
Fr. Pete




No comments:

Post a Comment