Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The New Roman Missal

Hi,
I hope you are all well. These days I find myself missing you and I thinking about you often. I cannot believe that my sabbatical is almost half over. It has been very enriching and challenging.
This week, Msgr. Jim Moroney, a consultant to the Pope and the Congregation for Divine Worship in Rome, is presenting to us the changes in the New Roman Missal that take effect in December, 2011. This has been very helpful for me. I can now understand the reason for the changes and I have a better idea of how to implement them in our parishes. I also see how this can be beneficial for us. Most of the changes are in the words we use. There are no dramatic changes. I will have much to share when I return to MN.
I am so glad to hear positive reports about Fr. Ernster. I am sure that you are good for him also.
I loaded some pictures from Venice. I spent last weekend there. It is such a lovely city and more interesting than I expected. What a gift it is to me to have my weekends free.
Blessings to all of you,
Fr Pete





No comments:

Post a Comment