Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Churches in Europe

Hi,
I hope all is well at home. I think of you and I keep you in my prayers.
I have taken a few days traveling to places like Carthage, Palermo and Naples (Mount Vesuvius). I am showing a picture of a the Montserrat Monastery in the mountains by Barcelona. I also have attached a video of the Cathedral at Monreale in Sicily that was built in the 12th century by the Normans.
I am amazed at all the marvelous churches in Europe. Almost every city seems to have magnificent churches, each with it's own history. It tells of the importance of faith in peoples lives through the centuries. I am reminded of the need for faith in the present age. We also need to know God and express our our own faith.
Fr Pete




No comments:

Post a Comment