Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Temples of God

Hello to all,
I hope you are healthy and well. I still think of you every day. I said mass at St. Peter's last Sunday for all of you.
I have been kept busy seeing Rome and studying. Last Saturday I went to Monte Cassino, the monastery of St. Benedict. It was destroyed in WW II by allied bombing and rebuilt after the war.
Today I visited St. John Lateran Basilica. This is the popes church since he is the bishop of Rome. It is a huge church built on the foundations of the original church built by Constantine in the fourth century. In such a church I could be aware of God's presence and the mystery of God who is far beyond us and yet with us.
I was more aware of how God is present in each human being. We uphold life as so precious because we are the temple of God - the Church of God. Even when these grand church buildings are gone, we are still the temple of God. I can see this in myself and others. We celebrate life and faith today.
Fr Pete

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Father :) . Thank you for the Mass you spoke of. How uplifing your post is altogether. May God continue to bless you and keep you and visit with you :) ...

    ReplyDelete