Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pantheon

Hi,
I haven't written for a while, so it's time for me to check in. I am close to being in my last month of sabbatical. I have learned so much and my relationship with Christ is deepening. I will be bringing home so many insights in our faith and in the world.
Classes these days have covered topics of preaching, sacred scripture, morality, role of Mary in the church, etc. These have been uplifting classes and I am still feeling very blessed. I also have been touring the city of Rome and surrounding area. I was very privileged to concelebrate mass at the Pantheon in Rome on November 1, Feast of All Saints. The Pantheon was a temple to all gods during time of the Roman empire which was converted into a church in the 6th century. Named St. Mary of the Martyrs, this was the church where the Feast of All Saints began. After mass, the pastor showed me an icon of Mary with the child Jesus from the 3rd century AD. Please see below pictures of the Pantheon and the icon.
Blessings to all of you. Know that I still think of you every day and that I keep you in my prayers.
Fr. Pete













1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you :) . I very much look forward to this, Father: "I will be bringing home so many insights in our faith and in the world." Regarding your photos here, I love the Mother and Child icon. Presuming you won't mind, I'd like to copy it from here for myself? God bless you.

    ReplyDelete