Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Retreat at Nunraw



Hi,
I had a few days of retreat at Nunraw, a Trappist monastery close to Edingurgh. I received what I needed even though I wondered what I was getting into when I arrived a this isolated spot. There were also a number of young people there on retreat from Scotland and other countries. I was inspired by their faith.
The website for this abbey is nunraw.com and there is a an interesting You Tube video at youtube.com/watch?v=7yBFzUx2DEY&feature=related
Now onto Edinburgh and Scotland with a couple of friends.
Peace,
Fr Pete

1 comment:

  1. 8/20/10

    Hi Father Pete,

    I have retreated before, too, but not to Scotland though, alas :). The first time was extraordinary in many ways - not the least of which was seeing and speaking to no one for several days. What I found is that removal of self from the every-day has a way of re-introducing one to the beauty and wholeness and wellness of every-day life, and re-integrating one in temperament and in all ways to that life, de-fractured. In a word - refreshing? It's the very act of removal and the quiet and communion with God at work I must think. Moments in ordinary days can be like that, too, another lesson I learned.

    How beautiful ! this building you visited, and the masonry especially. And the Nunraw references are interesting to say the least.

    Praying for you, too, Father Pete, for your safety and that you find many 'treasures.'

    (p.s. For info to you, Father, and to any other commenters. I wasn't able to comment for a couple of days from one computer, and opened up a trouble ticket with Blogger about the error message I was getting. Today, on another computer, I'm able to comment - whether that was the answer, or a fix was installed, I don't know ... :) )

    ReplyDelete